Who We Are
Invitation Homes is a team of more than 1,400 associates who come from all walks of life. We call different communities "home." But our shared values bind us together. Invitation Homes is a place where possibility lives.
The market teams include our Leasing, Property Management and Rehab, Turns & Maintenance professionals. Together, our dedicated associates work hard to build excellent resident experiences while maintaining high-quality homes and ensuring potential residents are presented with a rental property they can’t refuse.
Your Role on the Team
As a VP, Operations at Invitation Homes, you are responsible for overall operational and financial aspects of their assigned market. You will establish common goals to maximize revenue and bottom-line performance while providing exceptional services and response times to our associates, vendors, and residents.
- Direct portfolio management to achieve company financial and business objectives
- Responsible for overall portfolio performance through review of marketing, pricing, financial strategies and maintenance/rehab related expenses
- Prepare and present market/asset reviews evaluating overall operational and financial results for the asset portfolio, address issues and potential challenges that threaten portfolio performance and present solutions for enhancing value and improving financial returns to senior leadership
- Monitor and oversee the portfolio’s performance against budget and investment pro forma, managing and monitoring cash flow, making strategic recommendations on asset capitalization and preparing monthly and quarterly portfolio/performance reports
- Oversee and assist in preparing annual budgets, business plans and forecasting throughout the year
- Oversee the implementation of revenue-enhancing and expense containment programs and initiatives for the portfolio
- Monitor resident turnover and satisfaction indicators and identify and act upon opportunities to drive operational excellence
- Coach, develop and promote associate development for advancement opportunities
Who We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance or real estate strongly preferred
- Minimum four years of management experience within the real estate industry with understanding of real estate acquisitions, rehabilitation/renovation, asset management and property management
- Real Estate License is required
- Valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance
- Proficiency of Yardi Voyager and Salesforce strongly preferred
- Market knowledge at a submarket level, familiarity with local real estate law as it applies to purchasing, contracts and leasing and understanding of Multiple Listing Service
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions
- Ability to read and comprehend financial statements, such as profit and loss statements, general ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to establish and build strategic relationships and effectively interact with diverse work groups
- Possess strong sense of urgency; ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines
We stand for flexibility, opportunity, and a home that people can make their own. It’s as true for our associates as it is for our residents. Just like we help our residents live freer, we liberate our associates’ careers, too. Our associates know that at Invitation Homes goals matter, potential is unlocked, and careers thrive. Invitation Homes isn’t just a work place it is a possibility place. Invitation Homes offers the below to each new associate:
- Competitive pay and an annual bonus program for all associates
- Generous paid time off plans including vacation accrual, sick time, volunteer time, and standard and floating holidays
- 401k with matching company contributions
- Awesome work environment with casual dress
- Team events and gatherings
- Employee resource groups: Together with Women, Asian Alliance, Black Collective, Juntos, Gen Next, and Open Invitation.
Invitation Homes truly is where possibility lives, pour a new foundation here!