Who We Are
Invitation Homes is a team of more than 1,400 associates who come from all walks of life. We call different communities "home," but our shared values bind us together. Invitation Homes is a place where possibility lives.
The market teams include our Leasing, Property Management and Rehab, Turns & Maintenance professionals. Together, our dedicated associates work hard to build excellent resident experiences while maintaining high-quality homes and ensuring potential residents are presented with a rental property they can’t refuse.
Your Role on the Team
As a Superintendent at Invitation Homes you are responsible for full-cycle oversight of property rehab and turnover efforts. This includes but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Meeting with residents to complete Pre Move-Out Visits and documenting the home condition and resident responsibilities for a successful move-out.
- Meeting with incoming residents to complete Resident Orientations to welcome them, and educate them on the systems in their home as well as all important maintenance policies and procedures
- Conducting Move Out Inspections including a detailed inspection of the property and using our budgeting program to create a comprehensive scope of work and identify costs that should be charged back to the resident at move-out in accordance with company standards
- Overseeing all aspects of the rehab and turn process which includes communicating with contractors, submitting change orders, ensuring work is completed correctly and on schedule, and documenting the process with progress notes and "before" and "after" photos
- Communicating with the Leasing Team about completion delays that might affect a resident’s move-in date
- Observing and ensuring job site safety during project management visits
- Negotiating terms of repairs with vendors and General Contractors based on company standards
- Performing other duties as assigned
Your Experience Includes
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years of project management experience managing multiple projects, budgets, timelines, and quality of work
- General knowledge of residential construction including plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, drywall, and flooring as well as local building codes
- Negotiating with and managing contractors to complete work
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortability with using a tablet and general business applications (e.g. Outlook, Salesforce, etc.)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Current driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Must provide basic hand and power tools
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis including on weekends and non-traditional holidays if needed
- Extensive travel within assigned portfolio required
- Physical requirements include:
- Frequent climbing, reaching, use of fingers, stooping, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, lifting, talking, and hearing
- Ability to lift and/or move an excess of 50 pounds or more and operate standard maintenance equipment as assigned
We stand for flexibility, opportunity, and a home that people can make their own. It’s as true for our associates as it is for our residents. Just like we help our residents live freer, we liberate our associates’ careers, too. Our associates know that goals matter, potential is unlocked, and careers thrive. Invitation Homes isn’t just a workplace but a possibility place. We offer each new associate:
- Competitive pay and an annual bonus program for all associates
- Generous paid time off plans including vacation accrual, sick time, volunteer time, and standard and floating holidays
- 401k with matching company contributions
- Awesome work environment with casual dress
- Team events and gatherings
- Employee resource groups: Together with Women, Asian Alliance, Black Collective, Juntos, Gen Next, and Open Invitation.
Build a foundation here and apply today!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: R2182