Sr. Mobile Engineer - Remote
Invitation Homes is pioneering a new industry and needs dedicated, innovative, and analytical technologists to help us continually optimize. As the nation’s premier home leasing company, we develop advanced technology to enhance the resident experience. We are looking for dynamic individuals who are passionate about taking tech to the next level.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join a small, energetic and collaborative team to help implement and expand upon our current product offerings to our residents, as well as our operations, marketing and leasing teams. A Senior Engineer may work under the direction of product managers and/or project managers to plan and estimate various software applications.
The ideal candidate has advanced knowledge to architect, develop, maintain and troubleshoot mobile applications using the latest technologies and tools. This role will continually focus on learning, evaluating and using the ever-changing practices and tools of their craft to achieve corporate objectives and priorities. A Senior Engineer will provide feedback, guidance, and mentorship through pair programming, collaboration and effective communication to less senior staff.
You will be on the forefront of working on customer and employee facing applications as we build the next wave of technologies that will drive our resident experience to the next level. If you are motivated, passionate, a quick learner and have effective commination skills, this role is waiting for you!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and deploy frontend and backend services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Direct and assist with designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging new and existing software systems and/or applications.
- Identify and resolve defects of complex scope using proper engineering tools and techniques such as debuggers, emulators, simulators, and logic analyzers.
- Lead and exhibit expert technical problem solving and debugging skills.
- Identify, develop, and advocate best practices, design standards and procedures.
- Team player that is willing to lead the team to succeed.
- Foster a collaborative and professional team environment to achieve objectives.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Provide support and maintain existing products and add new features as requested by customers.
- Anticipate and adapt to a changing business environment and requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate with Stakeholders, Product Owners, Quality Assurance and other teams in an agile work environment, including but not limited to design meetings, planning, stand ups, & retrospectives
- Participate regularly in Agile/Scrum activities and mentor others to adapt the Agile way.
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities to grow their technical skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- At least six (6) years of work experience in software development; 3 years as a Senior Engineer preferred.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements
- Knowledge of developing and deploying mobile applications for iOS or Android platforms.
- Experience deploying to a public app store.
- Understands how to integrate native modules in react-native.
- Advanced knowledge of NodeJS and asynchronous programming.
- Advanced knowledge in Linux/Unix systems.
- Advanced knowledge of structured query language (SQL) and relational database concepts preferably with knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Proficient knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Advanced knowledge of Heroku.
- Advanced knowledge of CI/CD concepts and demonstratable practical experience.
- Follows and advocates agile practices and principles. Values small feedback loops, automation, and strong bias towards action.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of system design, data structures and algorithms.
- Advanced knowledge of contemporary web API design (REST, hypermedia, profiles, relations).
- Advanced knowledge of programming domains (server architecture, security standards, accessibility standards, database access and usage, deployment process, user interface development, networking, and so on).
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to articulate information in a meaningful way to project managers and executive level staff.
- Exhibits leadership and mentoring.
- Provide logical and meaningful contributions in discussions and meetings.
- Familiarity with the Salesforce platform.
- Proven ability to perform all aspects of application development including the coordination of others on small projects with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Provide feedback and guidance in code reviews.
- Must maintain professional appearance.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Overtime may be required for this position.
Physical and Mental Demands
This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The position may also entail light lifting of supplies and materials occasionally, up to and including 20 pounds in addition to reaching, stooping, standing, and walking. This position requires the ability to talk, hear, compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate and communicate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Standard office working environment that may be busy and noisy at times.
About Invitation Homes
Since our founding in 2012, we have built a transformational housing company that is making significant investments of capital and human resources to redefine the single family rental industry. We are providing more choice when it comes to housing, helping hundreds of thousands of residents have the opportunity to live in their desired neighborhoods, close to their jobs and great schools. We have also spent billions of dollars renovating and maintaining homes for the benefit of our residents and their communities, supporting hundreds of local vendors along the way.
Our innovative operating platform is designed to provide a worry-free living experience for residents with 24/7 professional service, enabled by our best-in-class people and technology. By merging with Starwood Waypoint Homes in 2017, we are even better positioned to provide high quality homes and high quality service to our residents, more efficiently than ever before. As the nation’s premier home leasing company, Invitation Homes strives to serve communities across the United States. In fact, our company logo represents our four pillars: home, neighborhood, community and Invitation Homes. One of our company values is Standout Citizenship. This value exemplifies how we strive as a company to benefit our neighbors and communities. From donation drives to recognizing standout citizens, Invitation Homes is committed to improving and giving back to the communities our residents call home.
We are always seeking dynamic and innovative individuals to join our best-in-class team and contribute to our growth and success. The Invitation Homes headquarters is located in downtown Dallas, TX, and operates from 17 regional offices in the country’s most popular metropolitan areas.
To attract and retain top talent, we’re pleased to offer a competitive package of benefits, including:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Two weeks of paid time off (PTO) annually
- Six days of sick time annually
- Ten paid holidays annually
- A 401(k) program with company matching contributions
- Potential annual bonus
- Flexible work schedules with telecommuting options
- Awesome work environment with casual dress
- Corporate events and gatherings
Job Reference #: R2042