Sr. Manager, Information Engineering - Remote
Invitation Homes is nation’s premier home leasing company, pioneering a new industry supported by advanced and robust technology solutions to enhance the resident experience. We are looking for innovative, dynamic individuals who are passionate about building business focused technology solutions using best of the breed tech stacks and take the platform to the next level.
The Sr. Manager of Information Engineering will be responsible for leading and managing an Information Engineering team that is developing and maintaining software systems used by employees and partners of Invitation Homes. We are looking for a Technology Manager that has demonstrated progressive experience in coding, architecture leadership, and leading data engineers in a fast-paced environment. This position is a mix of partnering with our business stakeholders to identify and define data, analytics and reporting needs, solution design and architecture, and management responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on delivering technology solutions.
You will be on the forefront of helping to define our next-generation data and analytics platform as we build the next wave of technologies that will drive our resident experience to the next level. If you are motivated, passionate, a quick learner, and have outstanding communication skills, this role is waiting for you!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with business units to identify data needs, define product roadmap for data analytics team
- Define and manage project deliverables, timelines, and dependencies for team members and stakeholders
- Lead and manage the team of data engineers (including offshore and contract resources) as a hands-on technical leader. Help the team make key technical decisions, unblock them, and guide them on execution
- Architect and build new data models in collaboration with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility, and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data to Data lake and Data Warehouse
- Build and maintain framework for auditing, error logging & master data management for data pipelines
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the data pipelines. Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues
- Make recommendations on future technical architecture for software, platform, integrations, and tools
- Lead D&A products, with a focus on DevOps and robust automation
- Cultivate a healthy, collaborative technology culture that is in line with company values
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of professional development experience, and 5+ years of recent experience managing a technology team
- 4+ years of experience with leading, managing, and hiring a team of talented engineers.
- Experience working in agile development environment
- Deep understanding of software and development principles and concepts
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience in a large scale, high-volume data warehouse environment
- Expertise with various ETL and Data warehouse technologies
- Experience with a modern public cloud-based data stack on AWS; Redshift, Snowflake, or other modern data warehouse systems; Airflow, AWS Glue, dbt, or other modern workflow management systems.
- Strong technical skills and willingness to be hands-on. Ability to guide the team in systems design, write and review code, and help debug issues.
- Expertise with database development skills including Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS).
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, Kafka etc.
- Experience working with Salesforce and Yardi in real estate domain highly desirable
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Exhibit sound judgment and swift decision-making skills
- Exhibit strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to collaborate and build consensus with others
- Knowledgeable about system design, data structures and algorithms
- Deep knowledge of data warehouse architecture and operational data stores and working with large data sets
- Knowledgeable about data modelling
- Love of technology; actively seeks continuing education of current and emerging technologies
Physical and Mental Demands
This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The position may also entail light lifting of supplies and materials occasionally, up to and including 20 pounds in addition to reaching, stooping, standing, and walking. This position requires the ability to talk, hear, compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate and communicate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Standard office working environment that may be busy and noisy at times.
Job Reference #: R1793