Sr. Analyst, Cash Management
Invitation Homes is a fast-paced evolving publicly traded REIT which is pioneering a new industry with over 80,000 single family rental homes and a market capitalization of over $25 billion. We are a team of more than 1,400 associates who come from all walks of life. We call different communities "home," but our shared values bind us together. Invitation Homes is a place where possibility lives. As the nation’s premier home leasing company, we need dedicated, organized, and detail-oriented accounting professionals to provide timely and accurate financial information to our partners in the field and at our corporate offices as well as to our shareholders.
We are seeking a Sr. Analyst, Cash Management to join an energetic and collaborative accounting team that encourages creative thinking and innovative ideas to optimize success. We strive to attract talent that enjoys working in a dynamic environment, welcomes opportunities to learn various aspects of the single-family residential business, and embraces collaboration with Senior Leadership. If you are a motivated, passionate, quick learner looking for unique career experiences, this role is waiting for you!
The Sr. Analyst, Cash Management is responsible for analyzing cash activity and using actual and budgeted/forecasted cash flows to create periodic cash forecasts, investment summaries, and other reporting. This process involves working closely with the Accounting and Finance teams, as well as other departments across the organization. The role is also responsible for reporting daily cash collections, helping to implement best practices in cash management, assisting in various accounting analyses, and working on special projects independently.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare weekly cash forecasts, including analyzing actual cash flows vs. forecast, which are used to estimate and communicate cash funding and/or surplus balances available for debt repayment and investment options.
- Assist with maintenance and distribution of bi-weekly summary of investment options.
- Assist with monitoring daily liquidity through updating daily cash reports, analyzing prior day adjusted bank balances, monitoring daily bank account activity, and ensuring specified accounts are adequately funded.
- Prepare cash collections reports distributed to Executive Management and to the operations team.
- Update cash forecasting summary and restricted cash summary for internal quarterly reporting.
- Understand the compliance requirements of loan agreements, partnership agreements, asset and property management agreements, investment documents, entity structures, and investment prospectuses and the impact of those documents on our cash management processes.
- Compile weekly cash balances and utilize cash management knowledge to identify and implement opportunities to optimize surplus cash investment options
- Prepare cash transfer and funding/draw requests and complete corresponding journal entries.
- Assist with requests from internal and external auditors (SOX compliance, internal controls, etc.).
- Participate in key projects and innovate processes to gain team efficiencies.
- Comply with policies, procedures and controls and bring inconsistencies and problems to management’s attention.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related fields required.
- 4+ years of experience in Accounting or Finance related position.
- Experience in the real estate industry and with Yardi is a plus.
- Experience with Anaplan is a plus.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with an ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities including the ability to identify and implement best practices that improve the team’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including an ability to effectively present information and build and manage key internal and external relationships.
- High energy and a can-do attitude, exhibiting a responsible and responsive tenacity.
- Willingness and ability to be hands on to get the job done.
- Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must maintain professional appearance.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; overtime may be required for this position.
Physical and Mental Demands
This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The position may also entail light lifting of supplies and materials occasionally, up to and including 20 pounds in addition to reaching, stooping, standing, and walking. This position requires the ability to talk, hear, compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, and communicate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Standard office working environment that may be busy and noisy at times.