Specialist, Accounts Payable
Invitation Homes, a fast-paced evolving publicly traded REIT with a market capitalization of over $22 billion, owns and leases over 85,000 single family rental homes. As the nation’s premier home leasing company with an entrepreneurial spirit, we need dedicated, organized, and detail-oriented accounting professionals to provide timely and accurate financial information to our partners in the field and at our corporate offices as well as to our shareholders.
Our core values (Unshakeable Integrity, Continuous Excellence, Standout Citizenship, and Genuine Care) are at the core of all our interactions with internal and external customers. We focus on team building and community involvement in addition to providing critical business support by performing general accounting functions.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is primarily responsible for collecting, processing, and maintaining all accounts payable records for all company markets. This position is also responsible for processing invoices and researching accounts payable issues that arise.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment and is able to manage multiple tasks. Invitation Homes is a public company with an entrepreneurial spirit that embraces teamwork, process improvement, and associate development. We are looking for candidates who thrive with change and enjoy being part of a multi-faceted team.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Researches vendor statements when necessary and contacts vendor to resolve discrepancies.
- Processes uploads and wire entries for large volume vendors.
- Oversees workflows to ensure timely processing of invoices, working with department heads/market teams.
- Acts as a liaison between corporate accounting and various vendors, markets and associates.
- Maintains records for all accounts payable transactions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounts payable.
- Yardi experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to use a personal computer and advanced working knowledge of email, Microsoft Word, Excel, and accounting software systems.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, and copier.
- Ability to perform mathematical and accounting functions.
- Ability to follow and apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to set and meet goals.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquires or complaints.
- Must maintain professional appearance.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; Overtime may be required for this position.
- Hybrid work schedule (2 days minimum per week required in office).