Manager, Corporate Accounting
Invitation Homes is a fast-paced evolving publicly traded REIT which is pioneering a new industry with over 83,000 single family rental homes and a market capitalization of over $25 billion. We are a team of more than 1,400 associates who come from all walks of life. We call different communities "home," but our shared values bind us together. Invitation Homes is a place where possibility lives. As the nation’s premier home leasing company, we need dedicated, organized, and detail-oriented accounting professionals to provide timely and accurate financial information to our partners in the field and at our corporate offices as well as to our shareholders.
We are seeking a Manager of Corporate Accounting to join an energetic and collaborative accounting team that encourages creative thinking and innovative ideas to optimize success. We strive to attract talent that enjoys working in a dynamic environment, welcomes opportunities to learn various aspects of the single-family residential business, and embraces collaboration with Senior Leadership. If you are a motivated, passionate, quick learner looking for unique career experiences, this role is waiting for you!
The Manager, Corporate Accounting leads the Corporate Accounting team with two primary responsibilities: (1) delivering timely and accurate financial statements for Invitation Homes’ internal property manager and other corporate entities and (2) developing the team through ongoing performance management, career development, training, and mentoring. The Manager, Corporate Accounting also assists the SEC Reporting team and Senior Leadership in the preparation of quarterly and annual reporting for both internal and external stakeholders including our SEC filings. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a supervisory role, high proficiency in full cycle corporate accounting, well-developed organization skills, an attention to detail, and a thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the month-end close process to ensure accurate reporting within established closing and reporting calendars, including review of deliverables and adherence to established deadlines.
- Encourage team engagement and create an environment to foster associate development.
- Research and account for complex accounting issues such as hedge accounting, leases, debt refinancings, stock issuances, joint ventures accounting, and equity compensation while providing GAAP guidance within team and supporting the SEC Reporting team.
- Assist in the budget process and provide monthly, quarterly, and year-end variance to budget analysis.
- Establish, communicate, and train new policies and procedures, and liaise with internal and external auditors while ensuring SOX compliance is maintained.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers and stakeholders, such as other corporate departments, field representatives, and Senior Leadership.
- Read and understand loan agreements, partnership agreements, investment documents, leases, entity structures, SEC filings, and investment prospectus.
- Participate in key projects and innovate processes to gain team efficiencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- CPA with a strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- 6+ years of accounting desired, with a strong emphasis in full cycle accounting.
- 2+ years of experience supervising and managing a team.
- Experience in the real estate industry and with Yardi is a plus.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities including the ability to identify and implement best practices that improve the team’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- High energy and a can-do attitude, exhibiting a responsible and responsive tenacity.
- Willingness and ability to be hands on to get the job done.
- Ability to build and manage key internal and external relationships.
- Proficient with Excel and strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: R2069