Who We Are
Invitation Homes is a team of more than 1,400 associates who come from all walks of life. We call different communities "home," but our shared values bind us together. Invitation Homes is a place where possibility lives.
The market teams include our Leasing, Property Management and Rehab, Turns & Maintenance professionals. Together, our dedicated associates work hard to build excellent resident experiences while maintaining high-quality homes and ensuring potential residents are presented with a rental property they can’t refuse.
Your Role on the Team
As a Maintenance Supervisor at Invitation Homes you are responsible for supervising the operations of a single-family rental home maintenance department. This includes but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Supervising a team of maintenance technicians to ensure service requests are completed in accordance with company policies while maintaining a superior resident experience
- Actively monitoring and managing market maintenance expenditures to ensure market financial performance, resident satisfaction and property maintenance needs are effectively balanced
- Working closely with office team members and property management staff to develop an effective, proactive team which works together to achieve objectives
- Assisting in the identification, onboarding and coordination of local contractors as needed
- Occasionally conducting field visits to resolve complicated resident service issues and acting as a technical expert to guide maintenance technicians as needed
- Recruiting, hiring, and training all maintenance technicians and maintenance supervisors for the regional team
Your Experience Includes
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proven experience in all aspects of single-family construction, renovation and/or maintenance with 2 years of supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge of residential construction and mechanical systems and ability to perform general residential maintenance work including the following: plumbing, electrical, swimming pool, carpentry, sheetrock, exterior structural, HVAC and appliances
- Comfortability with using a personal computer, smart phone, or tablet and proficiency in general business applications as well as a willing ness to learn new software systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - multi-lingual a plus; strong organizational and time-management skills; and excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions and read and comprehend budgets
- Possess a current driver’s license and automobile insurance and any other licenses and/or certification as required by state law
- One or more of the following certifications are a plus but not required:
- OSHA 10
- EPA Certification, Type I and II
- HVAC Certification
- CPO certification (pool)
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis, including weekends and holidays as needed, and be reachable via phone, email, or text, except during approved time off
- Physical requirements include:
- Ability to lift and/or move materials weighing up to 20 pounds in addition to reaching, stooping, standing, and walking
- Ability to talk, hear, coordinate, negotiate, and communicate.
We stand for flexibility, opportunity, and a home that people can make their own. It’s as true for our associates as it is for our residents. Just like we help our residents live freer, we liberate our associates’ careers, too. Our associates know that goals matter, potential is unlocked, and careers thrive. Invitation Homes isn’t just a workplace but a possibility place. We offer each new associate:
- Competitive pay and an annual bonus program for all associates
- Generous paid time off plans including vacation accrual, sick time, volunteer time, and standard and floating holidays
- 401k with matching company contributions
- Awesome work environment with casual dress
- Team events and gatherings
- Employee resource groups: Together with Women, Asian Alliance, Black Collective, Juntos, Gen Next, and Open Invitation.
Build a foundation here and apply today!