Analyst, Asset Management (Financial)
Invitation Homes (NYSE: INVH) is the leading owner and operator of single-family rental homes in the United States with a portfolio of over 80,000 high quality homes in 17 major markets. Founded in 2012, the Company has experienced tremendous growth over the past six years. In February 2017 the Company completed a $1.8 billion initial public offering, which was the second-largest REIT IPO ever, and today Invitation Homes is one of the 20 largest publicly traded REITs in the United States. Invitation Homes is a fast-paced, evolving company with an equity market capitalization of $12 billion, total market capitalization of $22 billion, and total revenues over $1.5 billion.
Located in our Dallas, TX corporate headquarters, the Analyst, Asset Management will be a member of the Asset Management team within the Company’s Investment Management Group (IMG). The Analyst, Asset Management will be a key member of the team responsible for all aspects of the IMG group’s budgeting and forecasting activities, as well as providing analytical support for Invitation Homes’ executive leadership team in collaboration with acquisitions, capital markets, FP&A, technology, corporate accounting, and investor relations counterparts. This position reports to the Director, Asset Management or above.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting on portfolio and investment performance for internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze data and identify trends and key findings in both qualitative data sets from various systems, including Yardi, the Company's internal Enterprise Data Warehouse, Salesforce, and various other systems.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for the Company's Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Finance & Investment Committee, senior leadership and management teams, and current or potential investors.
- Support and enhance the financial modeling and processes for submitting annual budgets and forecasts working with different corporate departments.
- Support ad-hoc analyses and projects, including automation of reporting from various internal software platforms, creation and/or maintenance of financial and operational reporting dashboards, and data visualizations.
- Provide financial guidance to investment management leadership team in all areas of portfolio and investment management through preparation, review and analysis of key financial metrics to aid in strategic business decisions.
- Identify opportunities to design new and/or refine existing analyses and processes to improve the asset management team's productivity, accuracy and efficiency over time.
- Underwrite investment properties, establishing monthly rental rate, property value and required capital investment to understand and forecast performance.
- Research existing and potential new real estate markets for investment opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or a related major
- Advanced degree (MS, MBA) a plus, but not required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in financial analysis, investment analysis, and/or private equity
- Financial modeling, business analytics, and/or real estate experience preferred
- 1+ years of experience with data visualization in Tableau preferred but not required
- 1+ years of programming experience in Python or R preferred but not required
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.) including comfort and familiarity with advanced Excel functions (VBA preferred).
- Familiarity with data science tools (Python, R, SQL) and methods (regression, data clustering, data wrangling) preferred
- Comfort and familiarity with basic finance and accounting theory. Ability to read and comprehend financial statements.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and discipline required. Ability to demonstrate strong self-initiative, problem solving, and decision making skill. Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations, Extremely well developed analytical abilities and proven ability to continuously deliver results in fast-paced and dynamic work environments. Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; team oriented
- Experience utilizing Tableau, PowerBI or other data visualization software preferred
- Knowledge of current single-family customer product demands, drivers, and trends
- Experience utilizing Salesforce and Yardi preferred
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task and maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations
- Ability to set and meet goals and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality