Accounting Analyst, SEC Reporting
Invitation Homes, a fast-paced evolving publicly traded REIT with a market capitalization of over $20 billion,
owns and leases more than 80,000 single-family homes. As the nation's premier home leasing company, we need dedicated, organized, and detail-oriented accounting professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit to provide timely and accurate financial information to our shareholders as well as to our partners in the field and at our corporate offices.
The ideal candidate for our Analyst, SEC Reporting position has experience in financial reporting, enjoys analyzing financial data, possesses an innate desire for continuous innovation, and thrives in a collaborative environment that involves effective communication with our business partners across the organization.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and draft sections of the 10-K, 10-Q, and other SEC filings, including financial statements, financial statement footnotes and MD&A, in compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Collaborate with other functional groups and obtain the necessary information to draft appropriate descriptions and wording for footnotes and other disclosures in the 10-K, 10-Q, and other SEC filings.
- Assist in coordinating with the Company’s external auditors.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and research of accounting literature, as requested by management, including participating as a key contributor on projects to implement new FASB accounting pronouncements and SEC regulations.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of periodic financial reports, monthly management reports, and ad hoc reports for internal purposes and debt compliance.
- Assist with compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley for all financial reporting controls.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, in public accounting or financial reporting.
- Strong knowledge of Excel preferred.
- Must be able to produce high-quality work as part of a fast-paced, dynamic team.
- Experience with GAAP and SEC related research and application of pronouncements and regulations a plus.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of Excel required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be resourceful, strategic and possess excellent analytical abilities.
- Should be an energetic, self-starter capable of self-direction.
- Should be driven to deliver quality results on time, with a high degree of integrity and in a highly ethical and professional manner.
- Should be self-reliant and have strong initiative as well as possess solid business judgment.
Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
Preferred Licenses or Certifications
- CPA license or candidate preferred.
- Hybrid work schedule (2 days minimum per week required in office)
Physical and Mental Demands
This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The position may also entail light lifting of supplies and materials occasionally, up to and including 20 pounds in addition to reaching, stooping, standing, and walking. This position requires the ability to talk, hear, compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate and communicate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Standard office working environment that may be busy and noisy at times.