Sr. Mobile Software Engineer
Who We Are
Invitation Homes is a fast-paced evolving publicly traded REIT that is pioneering a new industry with over 80,000 single family rental homes and a market capitalization of over $25 billion. We are a team of more than 1,400 associates who come from all walks of life. We call different communities "home." But our shared values bind us together. Invitation Homes is a place where possibility lives.
Invitation Homes is pioneering a new industry and needs dedicated, innovative, and analytical technologists to help us continually optimize. As the nation’s premier home leasing company, we develop advanced technology to enhance the resident experience. We are looking for dynamic individuals who are passionate about taking tech to the next level.
We are seeking a Senior Mobile Software Engineer to join a small, energetic and collaborative team to help implement and expand upon our current product offerings to our prospects and residents.
The ideal candidate has advanced knowledge to architect, develop, maintain and troubleshoot mobile applications using the latest technologies and tools. This role will continually focus on learning, evaluating and using the ever-changing practices and tools of their craft to achieve corporate objectives and priorities.
A Senior Engineer will provide feedback, guidance, and mentorship through pair programming, collaboration and effective communication to less senior staff. You will be on the forefront of working on public customer applications as we build the next wave of technologies that will drive our user experience to the next level.
If you are motivated, passionate, a quick learner and have effective commination skills, this role is waiting for you!
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop and deploy frontend and backend services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Direct and assist with designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging new and existing software systems and/or applications.
- Identify and resolve defects of complex scope using proper engineering tools and techniques such as debuggers, emulators, simulators, and logic analyzers.
- Lead and exhibit expert technical problem solving and debugging skills.
- Identify, develop, and advocate best practices, design standards and procedures.
- Team player that is willing to lead the team to succeed.
- Foster a collaborative and professional team environment to achieve objectives.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Provide support and maintain existing products and add new features as requested by customers.
- Anticipate and adapt to a changing business environment and requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate with Stakeholders, Product Owners, Quality Assurance and other teams in an agile work environment, including but not limited to design meetings, planning, stand ups, & retrospectives
- Participate regularly in Agile/Scrum activities and mentor others to adapt the Agile way.
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities to grow their technical skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- At least six (6) years of work experience in software development; 3 years as a Senior Engineer preferred.
- Experience deploying applications to the App Store or Google Play preferred.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements
- Proficient knowledge of structured query language (SQL) and relational database concepts preferably with knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Proficient knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Proficient knowledge of Heroku.
- Advanced knowledge of CI/CD concepts and demonstratable practical experience.
- Follows and advocates Agile practices and principles.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of system design, data structures and algorithms.
- Advanced knowledge of contemporary web API design (REST, hypermedia, profiles, relations).
- Advanced knowledge of programming domains (server architecture, security standards, accessibility standards, database access and usage, deployment process, user interface development, networking, and so on).
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to articulate information in a meaningful way to project managers and executive level staff.
- Exhibits leadership and mentoring.
- Provide logical and meaningful contributions in discussions and meetings.
- Familiarity with the Salesforce platform.
- Proven ability to perform all aspects of application development including the coordination of others on small projects with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Provide feedback and guidance in code reviews.
Why Invitation Homes
We stand for flexibility, opportunity, and a home that people can make their own. It’s as true for our associates as it is for our residents. Just like we help our residents live freer, we liberate our associates’ careers, too. Our associates know that at Invitation Homes goals matter, potential is unlocked, and careers thrive. Invitation Homes isn’t just a work place it is a possibility place. Invitation Homes offers the below to each new associate:
- Competitive pay and an annual bonus program for all associates
- Generous paid time off plans including vacation accrual, sick time, volunteer time, and standard and floating holidays
- 401k with matching company contributions
- Awesome work environment with casual dress
- Team events and gatherings
- Employee resource groups: Together with Women, Asian Alliance, Black Collective, Juntos, Gen Next, and Open Invitation. Coming soon a new Veteran ERG!
Invitation Homes truly is where possibility lives, pour a new foundation here!
Job Reference #: R1630