Sr. Manager, Environmental, Health & Safety
Invitation Homes Sr. Manager, Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) will report to the IH Risk Management Department and will be primarily responsible for administering a successful environmental, health and safety program throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, reviews and enhances all EHS programs as required by Local, State and Federal regulatory agencies, and ensures compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Monitors and implements changes in regulatory requirements as appropriate
- Interacts with regulatory agencies, compliance officers and others as appropriate
- Assists in establishing EHS implementation strategies with corporate and local management to assure full integration of EHS programs with business activities and direct employee engagement
- Coordinates with HR to ensure staff training compliance
- Coordinates with corporate fleet operations safety
- Maintains required documentations to include OSHA 300 Logs
- Conducts loss analysis to identify loss trends and works with management to implement risk reduction and mitigation strategies
- Assists in establishing Corporate benchmarks and metrics and communicates progress relative to risk improvement goals to management
- Conducts program audits to measure compliance with corporate standards and EHS policies and procedures.
- Participates in EHS training activities as appropriate
- Participates in on-site safety inspection practices as appropriate
- Creates and manages corporate budget for EHS materials, training resources and equipment required to perform work safely
- Monitors insurance recommendation compliance and works with local management to implement realistic improvement strategies
- Assists the corporate risk manager with gathering insurance submission data and information
- Reviews investigations and follows up with local management to participate in future preventative actions
- Partners with Communications team to establish EHS awareness and communication campaigns to proactively address trends associated with weather, seasonal exposures (e.g. swimming pool safety, holiday safety, etc.), fleet operations, occupational safety, contractor liability, etc.
- Facilitates Safety Committee meetings
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Environmental, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Chemistry or an applied science field preferred
- 5+ years related work experience
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
- Must have one of the following Professional Certifications/License: Certified Safety Professional (CSP); Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH); Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
- Competent with industrial hygiene principles
- Manages and understand fleet safety principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Proficient in internet-based safety management products (training, audits)
- Competent in using and interpreting basic codes and standards to include local ordinance, EPA, OSHA, NFPA and other regulatory standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, and time management skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Ability to develop loss trending reports and utilize data to communicate with senior management.
- Ability to evaluate loss data and trends for operational changes and/or EHS goal development.
- Has the ability to travel up to 25% throughout the Continental US