Sr. Director, Digital Research
The Sr. Director of Digital Research is responsible for developing, implementing and maturing the digital research discipline for the customer-facing web and mobile platforms at Invitation Homes. This position will create and execute a strategy to ensure each initiative on the digital roadmap can be informed by and continually optimized through objective and relevant customer insights, furthering our strategy to provide the best-in-class digital experience for our prospects as well as our residents.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and evangelize a research strategy that supports our customer digital transformation efforts across all areas of the organization, including executive leadership.
- Direct the effort to identify, secure and implement third-party digital research technology in collaboration with Product and Engineering leadership.
- Design and implement a cross-functional governance and operating model that can scale as needed to support demand.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and key stakeholders to understand customer pain points and desired outcomes, and provide strategic guidance on the most effective means of collecting customer insights.
- Direct all customer digital research efforts, using either quantitative or qualitative means where appropriate, and ensure measurable outcomes are identified and delivered for each effort.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and/or third-party partners to design and deliver digital experiments on our customer-facing web and mobile platforms.
- Facilitate qualitative research efforts such as exploratory, generative, usability, and other methodologies in order to uncover mental models, expectations, and points of friction.
- Prepare and present research findings to key stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Continually and consistently serve as a customer champion, balancing customer and business needs.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging customer research trends and digital technologies.
- Other work as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of experience in a customer insights/research role.
- 5+ years of experience in a digital research role.
- 5+ years leading a team of in-house researchers and/or partnering with third-party resources.
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Superior communication, presentation, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively, create consensus, and influence others without direct authority.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment when priorities shift.
- Demonstrated ability to create an inclusive and collaborative working culture.
- Prior experience implementing digital research technology.
- Prior experience with agile delivery methodology.
Physical and Mental Demands
This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The position may also entail light lifting of supplies and materials occasionally, up to and including 20 pounds in addition to reaching, stooping, standing, and walking. This position requires the ability to talk, hear, compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate and communicate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Standard office working environment that may be busy and noisy at times.