Sr. Analyst, Treasury
The Senior Analyst, Treasury reports to the Senior Manager, Treasury and is integral in assisting with daily Treasury functions as well as supporting various teams across the organization. In the past 12 months, the Treasury team has reviewed hundreds of positive pay exceptions, deposited thousands of checks, and initiated wires totaling in excess of $2 billion; which is expected to increase as the company continues to grow.
In addition to providing Treasury support services and a variety of regular and recurring Treasury functions, this position will cross train on and assist with daily cash management, overall account structure, and periodic cash forecasting. Continuously streamlining and consolidating the current Treasury structure and processes are priorities for the Treasury team. The position works closely with other departments across the organization and requires timely response to our internal customers and adherence to stringent daily deadlines.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with identification of department strategy and implementation of best practices.
- Identify process improvements and assist with implementation and training throughout the organization.
- Initiate and/or approve daily EFT’s (wires, IBT’s, ACH’s) using detailed SOX control procedures.
- Process other recurring treasury transactions - remote bank deposits, stop payments, and cashier’s check requests.
- Monitor bank account activity daily for unauthorized transactions, cash shortfalls, positive pay exceptions, and return items.
- Assist with opening and closing of bank accounts.
- Assist with setup and maintenance of Merchant Accounts.
- Download monthly bank statements.
- Communicate with financial institutions, accounting, and management as needed to research and resolve issues.
- Assist accounting with resident payment inquiries/issues.
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable regarding electronic payment options.
- Work on special projects as requested.
- Assist in the documentation and review of accounting policies and procedures including suggested updates and improvements.
- Use judgment and professional skills in determining appropriate procedures for preparation of accounting records, transactions, and reporting.
- Perform trouble-shooting and problem-solving procedures as needed.
- Research and resolve problems pertaining to accounting records, ensuring compliance with company procedures and policies, bringing inconsistencies and problems to management’s attention.
- Assist with requests from internal and external auditors (SOX compliance, internal controls, etc.).
- Perform other duties as requested by management, including assisting peers as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or related field preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of experience in Treasury related position.
- Yardi experience a plus.
- Banking Website (CashPro or CEO a plus).
- Highly detail oriented.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including an ability to effectively present information.
- Team player - ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all associates, management, and external vendors to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Self-motivated and directed with an ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks when priorities change.
- Responsive to a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Proven organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.