National Manager, Permit Compliance
The National Manager, Permit Compliance serves as the company’s subject matter expert regarding local permitting requirements across the various markets in which the company owns and operates single family rental homes. This role is responsible for leading the company’s efforts to audit third-party vendor compliance with local permitting requirements and for partnering with internal market office leaders to communicate deficiencies and ensure remediation with vendors as needed.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Audit rehab, turn and maintenance project records to ensure that third-party vendors are compliant with all local permitting requirements as set forth within contractual agreements between vendors and Invitation Homes.
- Support internal market team leaders with vendor engagement efforts to address non-compliant practices associated with local permitting requirements.
- Conduct training with internal market teams and their local vendors to reinforce contractual obligations associated with permit compliance.
- Serve as a subject matter expert regarding best practices associated with understanding and complying with local permitting requirements.
- Support internal legal department efforts with potential research required to assess permit compliance associated with specific projects and/or vendors.
- Support additional organizational compliance review and remediation as needed
- Foster a friendly and open work environment in all internal and external interactions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in construction and/or maintenance management during which a deep knowledge of permitting requirements was necessary
- 2+ years of management/supervisory experience
- Robust understanding of how to research permitting requirements across different jurisdictions
- Analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and other business applications (e.g. Salesforce, Tableau, Yardi)
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Moderate travel will be required.
- Must maintain professional appearance.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis
Physical and Mental Demands
This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The position may also entail light lifting of supplies and materials occasionally, up to and including 20 pounds in addition to reaching, stooping, standing, and walking. This position requires the ability to talk, hear, compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate and communicate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Standard office working environment that may be busy and noisy at times.