National Manager, Maintenance
The National Manager - Maintenance is responsible for leading, developing, and managing processes, programs, systems and team members required to effectively and consistently execute the company’s single-family rental home maintenance operations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support national and market teams as a subject matter expert for all systems, processes, and programs used in maintenance operations. This includes training, coaching, and mentoring associates to more effectively use these tools.
- Manage, lead, and support National Maintenance programs and/or cross-functional projects which may include but is not limited to: proactive maintenance, pool service, and vehicle inventory.
- Support the optimization of existing maintenance technology systems and processes by identifying opportunities to introduce controls and remove inefficiencies.
- Assist in creation, deployment, training and management of company maintenance initiatives and policies.
- Design and develop training programs for new maintenance initiatives, processes, and policies.
- Conduct market training for new maintenance initiatives, processes, and policies through the use of national calls, webinars and market visits as needed.
- Educate, coach, and mentor other team members to maximize their growth and development.
- Lead and/or actively support efforts to meet all corporate and department objectives.
- Support local market leadership with the reporting required to evaluate maintenance operations, including the performance of third-party vendors and internal maintenance technicians.
- Collaborate with other corporate departments, including but not limited to: Risk Management, Property Management, Leasing, Accounting, and Investment Management Group (IMG).
- Foster a friendly and open work environment in all internal and external interactions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in project management, property management maintenance, other rental property maintenance or related trade is required.
- 2+ years of management/supervisory experience
- Analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to deliver presentations and communicate to wide audiences
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and other business applications (e.g. Salesforce, Tableau, Yardi)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to collaborate with peers and other organizational leaders
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Moderate travel will be required
- Must maintain professional appearance.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis
Physical and Mental Demands
This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The position may also entail light lifting of supplies and materials occasionally, up to and including 20 pounds in addition to reaching, stooping, standing, and walking. This position requires the ability to talk, hear, compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate and communicate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Standard office working environment that may be busy and noisy at times.