Manager, Vendor Relations
The Vendor Relations Manager is responsible for sourcing qualified vendors capable of performing rehab and turn work in single family homes across one or more geographic regions. This role collaborates with Invitation Homes’ corporate support team to facilitate the administrative vetting of new vendors prior to the onboarding process by leveraging established third-party credentialling providers used by Invitation Homes. This role is responsible for working closely with the Regional Rehab & Turn Manager(s) of one or more geographic regions to capture feedback regarding the performance of vendors and to schedule and facilitate recurring business reviews with vendors.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the qualities and attributes of high-performance vendors as well as the expectations of local Invitation Homes business unit leaders in order to effectively target and recruit potential new vendors.
- Strategically lead vendor sourcing efforts (i.e. physical meetings, online recruiting tools, etc.) by understanding and clearly articulating the value proposition associated with working as a vendor for Invitation Homes.
- Understand the Company’s vendor credentialing standards and administratively support vendors as they navigate the credentialing process.
- Collaborate with local Invitation Homes business unit leaders to onboard and train new vendors regarding Invitation Homes’ standard operating protocols.
- Schedule, organize, and facilitate recurring business reviews with vendors in partnership with local Invitation Homes business unit leaders.
- Identify opportunities for internal improvements to enhance vendor relationships and increase vendor loyalty to Invitation Homes.
- Understand and review vendor operational performance reporting to identify potential areas of opportunity for improved vendor performance and provide this information to local Invitation Homes business unit leaders.
- Support Invitation Homes supplier diversity initiatives.
- On an ad hoc basis, support Invitation Homes’ efforts to source maintenance vendors as well as candidates for internal field-based positions such as Superintendents and Maintenance Technicians.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sourcing or managing single family residential vendors.
- Basic fluency in Spanish a plus but not required.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to set, manage and consistently meet goals and deadlines
- Professional verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse workforce
- Ability to negotiate pricing for construction/maintenance work while maintaining time and material pricing structure
- Comfortable navigating technology using a tablet (e.g. iPad) and general business applications (e.g. Outlook, Salesforce, etc.)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to build effective professional relationships and influence outcomes
- Understanding and oversight of construction and renovation
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical and accounting functions
- Ability to read and comprehend financial statements, such as profit and loss statements, general ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions
- Knowledge of local building codes, municipal by-laws, inspection, estimating and project management
- General knowledge of residential construction including plumbing, electrical, mechanical and HVAC
- Must be proactive, self-directed, highly motivated and able to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast- paced, ever changing environment; must be adaptable and flexible
- Experience managing contractors to execute work
- Ability to successfully delegate tasks, manage a team, and train others
- Ability to drive an automobile
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Must maintain professional appearance
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis
- Extensive travel within assigned portfolio may be required
Physical and Mental Demands
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time
- Frequent climbing, reaching, and use of fingers
- Moderate stooping, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, lifting, talking, and hearing
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet
- Ability to lift and/or move an excess of 50 pounds or more
- Ability to operate assigned equipment and vehicles
- Ability to verbally communicate to exchange information
- Indoor and outdoor field environment
- Exposure to atmospheric conditions
- Travel from site to site
- Work and/or walk on various types of surfaces