Manager, Engineering - Salesforce Core Team
Invitation Homes is pioneering a new industry and needs dedicated, innovative, and analytical technologists to help us continually optimize. As the nation’s premier home leasing company, we develop advanced technology to enhance the resident experience. We are looking for dynamic individuals who are passionate about taking tech to the next level.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager who will lead a software development team focused on supporting our Salesforce Platform Core Team - someone who combines deep technical experience in the Salesforce Platform with great people management skills and can help elevate our teams and our approach to engineering. We are building a culture that fosters innovation, built on a foundation of inclusion and diversity. We are looking for a candidate that has proven experience in coding, architecture leadership, and leading engineers and Salesforce Admins. This position is a mix of hands-on-keyboard development, process engineering, and management responsibilities with a strong emphasis on technical leadership.
You will be on the forefront of working on the APIs that power our business as we build the next wave of technologies that will drive our resident and associate experience to the next level. This is a chance to make a big impact on the people with whom you work day-to-day, our residents, as well as all the other stakeholders in our business. If you are motivated, passionate, a quick learner and have effective communication skills, this role is waiting for you!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the teams to develop high-quality, scalable applications with Visual force, Apex, and Lightning Components and partner with Salesforce admins for declarative- and configuration-driven development
- Work to enable Integrate of Salesforce with other systems, including SaaS applications from other vendors, REST APIs or event-driven systems.
- Design solutions with a focus on performance and maintainability
- Stay current on Salesforce releases, new features, product roadmaps and applications and participate in developing an internal product roadmap.
- Measure and evaluate features and system metrics to continuously improve developer experience and service performance
- Grow and inspire a team of engineers through a combination of coaching, mentoring, feedback and career development
- Cultivate a healthy, collaborative engineering culture that’s in line with our values and principles.
- Make recommendations on future technical architecture for software, platform, integrations and tools
- Document technical and integration architectures
- Work collaboratively to help define and execute team roadmaps
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional Salesforce development experience, and 2+ years of recent experience managing or leading an engineering team
- Experience working in agile development environment
- Deep understanding of software and development engineering principles and concepts
- Deep technical skills in the following areas: Apex Classes/Controllers, Apex Triggers, Flows, Lightning Web Components, VisualForce, Git, Integration Patterns
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Exhibit sound judgment and swift decision-making skills
- Exhibit strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to collaborate and build consensus with others
- Knowledgeable about system design, data structures and algorithms
- Skilled at processing and analyzing large data sets
- Experience working with distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
- Love of technology; actively seeks continuing education of current and emerging technologies