Maintenance Technician - North Denver
Who We Are
Invitation Homes is a team of more than 1,400 associates who come from all walks of life. We call different communities "home," but our shared values bind us together. Invitation Homes is a place where possibility lives.
The market teams include our Leasing, Property Management and Rehab, Turns & Maintenance professionals. Together, our dedicated associates work hard to build excellent resident experiences while maintaining high-quality homes and ensuring potential residents are presented with a rental property they can’t refuse.
Your Role on the Team
As a Maintenance Technician at Invitation Homes, you will be performing high-quality maintenance work in our single-family rental homes while providing outstanding customer service to our residents. This includes but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Completing maintenance service requests across multiple trades
- Providing excellent customer service and promoting a quality living experience for all residents
- Completing regular ProCare visits in residents’ homes to perform proactive maintenance and repairs
- Educating residents regarding all maintenance topics
- Completing general property condition assessments at all property visits and alerting the property management team when items require immediate attention
- Reviewing and using Technician-specific reports to find opportunities for improvement
- Performing repairs in vacant properties while they are on-the-market or during the turn process
- Properly using and caring for company-supplied tools, materials, and vehicles
- Performing other duties as assigned
Your Experience Includes
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience in residential repairs and maintenance, other building maintenance or related experience.
- Understanding of residential construction and mechanical systems and ability to perform general repairs in some of the following: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, sheetrock, exterior structural, HVAC (minor) and appliances. Some training will be provided.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills; multi-lingual a plus
- Comfortability using mobile devices (i.e. iPad and/or iPhone) and various mobile applications
- Must possess a current driver's license, automobile insurance, and any other licenses and/or certification as required by state law
- The following certifications are preferred but not required:
- OSHA 10
- EPA Certification, Type I and II
- HVAC Certification
- CPO certification (pool)
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis including weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to provide basic hand and power tools
- Ability to perform work that requires the following:
- Frequent climbing, reaching, use of fingers, stooping, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, lifting, talking, and hearing
- Ability to lift and/or move an excess of 50 pounds or more and operate standard maintenance equipment as assigned
We stand for flexibility, opportunity, and a home that people can make their own. It’s as true for our associates as it is for our residents. Just like we help our residents live freer, we liberate our associates’ careers, too. Our associates know that goals matter, potential is unlocked, and careers thrive. Invitation Homes isn’t just a workplace but a possibility place. We offer each new associate:
- Competitive pay and an annual bonus program for all associates
- Generous paid time off plans including vacation accrual, sick time, volunteer time, and standard and floating holidays
- 401k with matching company contributions
- Awesome work environment with casual dress
- Team events and gatherings
- Employee resource groups: Together with Women, Asian Alliance, Black Collective, Juntos, Gen Next, and Open Invitation.
Build a foundation here and apply today!