Intern Finance Summer 2023
Invitation Homes is a fast-paced evolving publicly traded REIT that is pioneering a new industry with over 80,000 single family rental homes and a market capitalization of over $25 billion. As the nation’s premier home leasing company, we are looking for students serious about kick starting their career alongside our passionate and collaborative associates.
Invitation Homes summer internship is the first step in building a career as a Financial Planning or Capital Markets Analyst and joining our Financial Planning & Quantitative Analytics team. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and assigned mentor. The summer internship is unique just like us with opportunities for personal and professional development, community outreach, executive speaker series and other intern specific events.
The Summer Experience
- 10-weeks of paid financial planning and quantitative analytics experience
- Assigned mentor/buddy
- Intern events that include personal and professional development, you will leave with lasting relationships!
- Executive level exposure
- Insights into the many tracks your career can take at Invitation Homes
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze data and identify trends and key findings in both qualitative and quantitative data sets from various systems, i.e., Yardi, Salesforce, Enterprise Data Warehouse proprietary tool, Anaplan, Power BI, and KNIME.
- Assist in excel modeling and routine weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual report generation to support the FP&A and Capital Markets teams.
- Evaluate company performance against key operating metrics and financial assumptions to assist in forecasting rest-of-year performance.
- Review, evaluate, maintain, and improve financial models used for capital markets, business analytics, and financial planning & analysis.
- Track macroeconomic and market-specific performance indicators within the real estate market. Assist with collection, synthesis, and modeling of data in support of analysis of strategic initiatives and assess management decisions.
Education and/or Experience
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree from a 4-year accredited university in Finance, Real Estate or another related field with an expected graduation date between December 2023 and May 2024
- High degree of organizational skill and problem-solving ability; specifically, the ability to work as self-starter
- Desire to grow professionally and collaborate with others
- Ability to prioritize/execute to achieve desired company and project goals with prudence and sense of urgency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Desire to work in Dallas, Texas