Director, Marketing Automation
The Marketing Automation Director is the owner of the marketing automation platform, oversees automated marketing campaigns for the company and works closely with the Data Integrations team and developers to implement the prospect and resident journeys. This role is responsible for planning marketing automation strategies that will enhance the brand experience and collaborating with Marketing, Operations, and Technology to create, optimize and analyze marketing campaigns to achieve marketing objectives. This role reports directly to the Senior Director, Engagement.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the vision, strategy and roadmap for marketing automation using Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) and create personized journeys across all customer touch points
- Utilizes KPIs and metrics (via Datorama) to make business decisions and enhance campaigns; Track campaign performance and tweak workflows accordingly
- Collaborate to identify segmentation/personalization criteria based on audience behavior, demographic, geographic, psychographic characteristics, etc.
- Collaborate with team members to work on the template design and content for automated campaigns
- Ability to support multiple initiatives that impact the marketing technology platform
- Expertise in SFMC Architecture & Data Model (Leasing Progress Model) and drives ongoing enhancement in data architecture and improvements in foundation in partnership with Technology & SFMC Developer
- Expertise in Journey and drives ongoing usage of advanced features and functionality in SFMC to meet changing business needs - in partnership with Marketing & SFMC Developer
- Account Management liaison with Salesforce Marketing Cloud rep
- Lead requirements gathering meetings to define new campaign requirements - both functionality enhancement and execution, provides meeting recaps
- Manages prioritization of stories based on input from cross-functional partners
- Manages JIRA board (creates and reviews stories - partners with business to gather requirements) and manages and updates Confluence board (to ensure proper documentation)
- Problem solves issues that arise in production or during implementations
- Improve our Marketing Cloud data model and architecture
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Science, Marketing or related field - OR - equivalent combination of work experience and education
- 9+ years marketing experience including 3+ years managing automated marketing campaigns
- Proficiency in Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other automation platforms including experience working on email marketing campaigns, lead generation and nurturing, retention, and Google Analytics
- Experience leading integrated, multi-channel consumer marketing programs
- Strategic thinker with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Basic SQL knowledge, ability to read and understand SQL and manage and create simple journeys
- Expertise in email and sms message creation and journey development, design, execution
- Strategic thinking with a demonstrated ability to develop solutions to creative challenges and opportunities, build relationships and influence key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to influence without direct authority
- Strong leadership and project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent organization skills and ability to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- Relationship builder and interpersonal skills with a collaborative team-player mentality
- Ability to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Must maintain professional appearance.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; Overtime may be required for this position.
Physical and Mental Demands
This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The position may also entail light lifting of supplies and materials occasionally, up to and including 20 pounds in addition to reaching, stooping, standing, and walking. This position requires the ability to talk, hear, compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate and communicate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Standard office working environment that may be busy and noisy at times.