The Director, Data Science - Marketing & Digital will be responsible for leading the development of the quantitative models and constructs that will be utilized by the primary marketing stakeholders (SVP, VP, Sr. Director) which provide timely insights and recommendations. You will partner closely with marketing leadership in the areas of conversion-focused KPIs, resident acquisition and engagement, customer experience and retention, and long-term value performance measurement. The ideal candidate is a strong, technical contributor that is always looking for opportunities to solve business problems with data-driven tools, who is unafraid to go above and beyond to deliver meaningful insights in a timely manner, and can effectively communicate findings.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Take the lead in creation and maintenance of data science products that help support and improve the company’s marketing and customer experience initiatives around acquisition, retention and loyalty programs
- Develop comprehensive insights that are easy to interpret by business stakeholders, explain new findings, answer questions that are asked both acutely or chronically, and deliver insights with supporting visualizations
- Persistently assess the status quo, looking for opportunities to simplify, optimize or improve existing analytical constructs and solutions
- Institutionalize the processes of aggregating relevant data, organizing and preparing data for analysis, and create stable refresh processes to keep findings and insights fresh, daily
- Be able to communicate and work with stakeholders to create annual roadmaps while procuring and curating a backlog of work that helps to set expectations on the timing of deliverables
- Willing to work closely with the business intelligence team to create on-brand visualizations and management tools for the improvement of performance related to customer acquisition and experience
- Work closely with the Marketing team to help design, test, and analyze Marketing programs related to resident acquisition and loyalty.Identify, analyze and develop recommendations for resident strategies.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS degree ideally with emphasis on quantitative disciplines (e.g. Data Science, Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Advanced Degree (MS or PhD) in Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or an applied science strongly preferred
- 5 - 7 years of experience in Analytics and Data Science
- Technical skills required include expertise in SQL, Python or R, digital analytics, and data visualization tools Experience with Datorama and Tableau and plus.
- Familiarity with AWS/Google Cloud environments
- Experience accessing various API’s, scripting refresh/update and ETL/ELT processes
- Experience with analyzing and assessing marketing channel performance including digital ads, Google Ads, Facebook, and web analytics.
- Demonstrated success using performance-based marketing ROI analysis to drive decisions and recommendations for resident strategy
- Great verbal and written communication with demonstrated ability to explain analytical concepts and results to business leaders.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing customer behavior and creating customer segmentation
- Must maintain professional appearance
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis
Physical and Mental Demands
This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The position may also entail light lifting of supplies and materials occasionally, up to and including 20 pounds in addition to reaching, stooping, standing, and walking. This position requires the ability to talk, hear, compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate and communicate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.