Analyst, Corporate Strategy & Capital Markets
Located in our Dallas, TX corporate headquarters, the Analyst, Corporate Strategy & Capital Markets will be a member of the Corporate Strategy & Capital Markets team within Invitation Homes’ Financial Planning & Quantitative Analysis ("FPQA") group. The Analyst, Corporate Strategy & Capital Markets will play an important role in shaping the strategy and growth of a ~$30 billion single-family REIT with a portfolio of over 86,000 homes. Responsibilities of the role will include providing analytical support for the company’s strategic corporate development and capital markets initiatives, execution of secured and unsecured debt financings, debt covenant compliance and reporting, interest rate hedging activities, financial modeling, and preparation for management meetings with banks, debt investors, rating agencies, JV partners, and other external stakeholders. Through this role, the Analyst, Corporate Strategy & Capital Markets will gain exposure to many areas of Invitation Homes’ business and will work collaboratively with members of the company’s Investment Management, Operations, Accounting, and Investor Relations teams. In addition, the Analyst, Corporate Strategy & Capital markets will form external relationships and engage with counterparts at lending institutions, loan servicers, trustees, rating agencies, and joint venture partners.
Invitation Homes has been among the top performers in the REIT space since its IPO in 2017, assembling a portfolio of over 85,000 homes valued at ~$30 billion. The company today is producing record operating results and expects fundamentals in the single-family rental sector to remain supportive of growth. As a result, the company is seeking to rapidly add homes to its portfolio, and the Corporate Strategy & Capital Markets Team is playing a critical role in that strategy by evaluating strategic opportunities and sourcing efficient capital to fund growth. For this Analyst, Corporate Strategy & Capital Markets position, the team is seeking an analytical thinker who is both detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable working with others, efficient with data, a strong communicator, and eager to learn.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in analyzing capital needs for the Company’s joint ventures and executing warehouse loans to finance joint venture capital deployment.
- Update, maintain, and refine corporate strategy & capital markets models, including the Company’s corporate financial model and joint venture models.
- Participate in, and contribute to, annual budgeting and forecasting of capital markets activity and financing costs.
- Assist with collection, synthesis, and modeling of data in support of analysis of strategic initiatives, capital markets opportunities, and investment decisions.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for the Company’s Board of Directors, current and/or potential investors, current and/or potential lenders, and rating agencies.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials and memoranda presented to the Company’s Executive Committee, Investment Committee, and senior leadership team.
- Analytical support of all financing-related activities, including Excel modeling, KNIME workflow execution, report generation, and coordination with the Operations and Accounting teams to review, analyze, confirm, and report on property-level and corporate financial results and operating performance metrics.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of new financing transactions, including assisting senior members of the Corporate Strategy & Capital Markets group in the review of term sheets and loan agreements, analysis of the financial impact to the Company’s balance sheet, liquidity, and P&L, and assistance with third party due diligence requests.
- Work with senior members of the Corporate Strategy & Capital Markets group to ensure compliance with lender and/or servicer requirements and debt covenants, including creation of all necessary reporting.
- Prepare notices and requests for maturity extensions, collateral substitutions, and other actions related to the company’s debt instruments, and communicate such actions to banks, trustees, and loan servicers.
- Update and maintain analyses of the company’s interest rate hedge positions.
- Assist in the preparation of capital markets-related data and exhibits in quarterly earnings releases and SEC filings.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of relevant experience
- Comfort and familiarity with basic finance and accounting principles and financial statements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Proficiency with modeling tools is a plus, particularly Anaplan or similar tools like Adaptive Insights
- Proficiency with data tools, particularly KNIME, is highly beneficial
- Effective problem solver and strategic thinker, capable of understanding both big picture and finer details
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork skills
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must maintain professional appearance
- Ability to work on a regular and consistent basis; Overtime may be required for this position
- Expected to be present in Dallas office most workdays, but flexible arrangements can be accommodated whereby remote work is permissible up to 2 days per workweek on average
Some travel required
Physical and Mental Demands
This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The position may also entail light lifting of supplies and materials occasionally, up to and including 20 pounds in addition to reaching, stooping, standing, and walking. This position requires the ability to talk, hear, compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate and communicate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Standard office working environment that may be busy and noisy at times.